PDF download links are available towards bottom of article.
Eat nothing but pieces of fruit in the morning and raw veggies (salads), pulses, nuts and legumes for the rest of the day. Small meals, six times a day. No meat, no dairy, no sugar, no grains, no coffee, no tea. Do it for ten days.
That’s the short of it. But the panic clouding your features at this moment at the thought of ‘no this’ and ‘no that’ from the above paragraph can soon be displaced with the knowledge of why this cleanse works as good as it does. That is if you can muster the courage to read on.
Embodied in the Principles of Longevity is the Science of Natural Hygiene, revolving around the following topics:
- Understanding The Body’s Natural Digestive Cycles
- Correct Consumption of Fruit
- The Concept of High Water-Content Food
- Correct Food Combining
The body’s natural digestive cycles consist of three eight-hour cycles every twenty-four hours:
- Noon – 8pm Appropriation of food (eating and digestion)
- 8pm – 4am Assimilation of food (absorption and use)
- 4am – Noon Elimination (excretion of waste products)
The body prefers the Appropriation Cycle to happen on time, beginning at noon. Our body craves nourishment during Appropriation and lets us know if we are remiss in supplying the necessary fodder. The most important rule during Appropriation is to eat only when your body is hungry.